Thursday, June 30, 2005

Reality Show Junkie

I hate to admit this...because so often I rail against the stupid things on TV, but I'll say it...I am a reality show junkie. I mean, I don't watch them all...but I watch far more than anyone should. I realized this last night as I watched "Beauty & the Geek" on WB. And, what's scary about that is I already knew the characters so I had obviously watched it before.

It started with Survivor...I watctched the Amazing Race, if only to root against Rob and Jen, who were on Survivor. Hmmmm. I watched some of the Apprentice. I remember watching Joe Schmo and really enjoying it. The attempt at a followup to that wasnt' very successful.

I watched the Average Joe's Strike Back the other night on NBC...it's getting ridiculous now. I watched Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire and, unfortunately, enjoyed it. So shameful...

But, perhaps the lowest of the low is the Celebreality on VH1. And, I'm right therer watching it...not on the original run usually but in one of the million reruns. Celebrity Fit Club...saw it. Surreal Life...saw a few seasons of that. Remaking the Band...yep, saw some of those too.

I can't go on...I've said too much. I'm trying to cut back...I'm not going to watch the Real World...I'm not. Oh, I'm a liar...I probably will...but not until the Real World marathon.

No comments: