Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Really? I don't remember that...

I had dinner last night with two friends of mine up at the Regatta Bar & Grill at the Radisson in Morgantown. If you get a chance to go there, it's worth it. Excellent food...good atmosphere. Overall, I was impressed with the facility. Okay, that's my plug...I can now collect my money from the Radisson...

Anyway, during the course of all the talk, we reached a story that was embarrassing to me. I'll spare you the details but, needless to say, I don't remember ever doing the YMCA in my life. Apparently, I did. I don't remember it at all...but as she told the story, it seemed very plausible that I did indeed do this. And, what really bugs me about it, is that this type of thing happens often. I hear often about me doing this or that and I really have no clue what they're talking about. All I can say is "I did what?" It happens at work sometimes too...half the time I think people are just lying when they said I didn't do something I was supposed to. That's all good until someone thanks me for doing something and I'm like "I didn't do it" and they say "Yes, you did. I watched you do it." That's not a good sign.

Anyway, there probably isn't a point to this installment...but I thought I'd share that I think I'm losing my mind. It occurred to me several years ago that I should make a journal of some of the stuff going on so that I can remember...that way I could disprove the YMCA thing if it didn't really happen...but I failed to do so. I wish I had now...but, in the meantime, I guess it's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

UPDATE: From Steele - Apparently I used to do a good Rock impersonation. Thanks...I vaguely remember what the Rock was cooking...

No comments: