Monday, June 06, 2005

Shoveling Paper

Sometimes I feel like that's my job...shovel paper from one side of my desk to another. I have a filing cabinet full of paper that I don't refer to very often...and a desk full of paper that I look at occassionally. My goal everyday is to leave with less paper on my desk than I started with...very rarely does that happen. Here is my desk this morning:




This isn't too tremendously bad. Lots of magazines on there of computer stuff. A couple laptops...some pens, batteries, a Mobile Mini Numeric Keypad. The folders and legal pads...yeah, those are things I have to do. Post-It notes all over the monitor...also things that need completed. The Swingline stapler...just recovered from a co-worker. My favorite is the banana on the left side. That is the only thing that I can guarantee won't still be there tomorrow.

Oh, if you think my desk is kinda messy, then you haven't seen our server room...

AND

Now, doesn't my desk pale in comparison. I guess my desk isn't too bad...there are worse things in life. Oh, and the server room is starting to look a little better...not necessarily the wiring but we did at least remove a couple of those computers that weren't being utilized any longer.

No comments: