Monday, June 13, 2005

Phoenix or Bust

Well folks, I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll be out there until Saturday...it's a work trip. I'm traveling out there with another guy from our Charleston office. It's for a software program called TrialDirector. This program is pretty awesome...it is essentially our trial software. Basically, you scan in a document and the program assigns it a barcode. By zapping the barcode on the document, it displays on a projector and you can then zoom on sections, highlight...whatever. I can tell you're impressed.

Anyway, I am a very particular type of traveler. At the airport a minimum 90 minutes before the flight leaves. I am very paranoid about missing a flight...losing my luggage...missing lunch. I just am very nervous about the airport. I love to fly...I just hate all the things in getting prepared to fly. I am convinced my luggage will not arrive.

As far as packing, I have a complete document that I fill out to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I have several lists depending on the number of days and what the purpose of travel is. I actually still have the list from my last trip to Phoenix...so I'm using it for this trip, adjusted for an extra couple days. Everything is broken down into categories: Bathroom Items, Clothing and Misc. I check everything off after it is placed securely in the suitcase. Not until...

Maybe it's a good thing I have these lists...I don't know. Looking through them reminds me of some of the places I've been...I have the Gator Bowl trip, Beach Trip (whichever one), DC Trip, CTB Trip (Continental Tire Bowl), Atlanta Trip, Band Camp List, Minneapolis Trip...hmm, I see San Fran Trip. There's a lot of good memories there...maybe I'll elaborate on some of them later.

But, anyway, I'm going to try to update while I'm out in Phoenix and I'll try to get some pictures or whatever. Feel free to e-mail if you have any ideas or suggestions for me write about...my material is thin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think they have medicine for that kind of insanity. Hope you are well, Mike! I can relate to the trials and tribulations of travel--since that is my life.

Enjoy and have a great trip!