Monday, June 27, 2005

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a few days since I last posted so you would think "Hey, he should have a lot of stuff to add." And, if that's what you're thinking, let me just tell you, you'd be wrong.

So Friday, they let us wear jeans to work. Blue jeans at that. Not exactly Hawaiian shirt day but still. Most of the people were out of the office because of an "attorney retreat" meeting type thing so it was just us lowly staff folks here. They were feeling so generous that they even let us depart the premises at 3:00 p.m. Wow...how could it get any better than that? Well, you'd be surprised...it doesn't.

Friday night, went and played poker at Bojo's with him and Evan. I think I came out ahead monetarily but who's counting? That was about it for the rest of Friday...

Saturday rolls around...hmmm, what did I do? I went to Morgantown Mall and Best Buy...ummmm, bought a pair of shorts I believe. That was fun I guess...drove around Morgantown for a few to make sure nothing shut down, was built or just moved...didn't see much. Then, went home...went to the driving range. I actually hit the ball rather well for not playing in over a year...I'm ready to play a course now I think. Maybe this week, some evening, I'll hit the links. Made the mistake of attempting to play some tennis...in 100 degree weather. Seriously, the clock/temperature thing at Mon Valley Bank said 100. So, tennis lasted about 30 minutes at best. Saturday night, got beat at college basketball by Nick...and worse, I was UNC and he was Duke and he beat me. It did go into overtime but that's little consolation.

Sunday, spent most of my day at my aunt and uncle's house at Maple Lake down on the dock. Just a nice, quiet Sunday like it's supposed to be. I thought about coming into the office and then I thought better of it...

So, that was about it...really exciting. Man, I hope they have Hawaiian Shirt Day at work sometime...I'm going to send an e-mail recommending it right now.

No comments: