Thursday, June 09, 2005

Chinese Restaurant

UPDATE: It actually arrived. I guess they understood because all 5 orders came correctly. I am impressed...see my General Tso's Chicken:



ORIGINAL POST:

Okay...I'll be the first to admit that I have a real communication issue with people who don't speak decent English. It's hard to understand them...and, I think at times, it's hard for them to understand me. I hate calling computer support because I know that by the end of the conversation I'll be aggravated and the person I was talking to will be as well.

Anyway, that prefaces my recent call to the Chinese restaurant, the Happy Garden located at Rose Bud Plaza in beautiful Clarksburg, WVa. It was my turn to call and order lunch...an occassion I dread more than just about anything. But, I called...placing 4 orders for L11 (General Tso's) and I was surrounded by my good (and bad) co-workers. As I began the order, I messed up off the bat by saying it was for Take Out...and quickly having to change that to delivery. I wasn't sure the guy taking my order understood that I was changing it to delivery so I repeated it 3 more times. Apparently, I was yelling by this point into the phone. There's some misconception that if you talk louder, people will understand. All I was getting out of him was "OK, yeah yeah...OK".

Anyway, so, the people in the office begin making fun of my while I was on the phone...I begin to laugh. The whole thing goes downhill from there. I had to excuse myself from the phone I was laughing so hard. His repeated assurances of "yeah yeah, okay...got it got it..." weren't helping matters as I tried to explain our location. By the time I got out that I was on the 8th floor, tears were beginning to form in my eyes. It was a horriying experience.

Five minutes later, a friend from the 9th floor showed up and decided he wanted to order too...so I called them back. I got a different person when I called...a nice lady so I was talking softly and kindly. Of course, when I said where the delivery was, she transferred me back to the guy so I was yelling again. I guess it just can't be helped. I'm sure he thinks I'm insane and I'm betting that I won't have any lunch today...we'll see. I will never call the Chinese restaurant again...I just can't handle it.

Once again, there's no real point to this...other than, just because you can't understand them and they can't understand you doesn't mean they're deaf. There's no reason to yell....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An astute comment, just because they don't understand doesn't mean they are deaf....I would have loved tp have been there!!!