Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'd Like to Teach the World...

not to remake old commercials with generic lyrics like the recent garbage-fest being put on by Coca-Cola. In case you've missed it, Coke has revived its classic "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing" commercial but instead of the classic song, they've used hip-hop artist G-Love and changed to lyrics to "I'd Like to Teach the World to Chill".

There are so many things wrong with this that I can't even begin to go through them. First, what kind of ad campaign uses the word chill? Is that still hip? or cool? or maybe it's whack? Secondly, I'm not sure about you, but a bunch of people sitting around singing about a soft drink doesn't make me want to buy it. And, why revive the commercial anyway. The original was a classic, leave it that way. I think this just reinforces the sentiment that advertising agencies have lost their originality...

Information about the commercial

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[Backhands Coke]