Friday, June 10, 2005

A Day in the Life...

Well, due to a lack of creativity, I give you my day:

6:45 a.m. - Alarm sounds. I intend to go into work a little early today to change a hub at work. Instead, I decide it's not worth the effort and go back to bed.

7:20 a.m. - I finally get up. Shower, shave, etc. Find out that the Spurs beat the Pistons since I fell asleep early in the game last night. Resolve not to miss any more of the playoffs...

8:30 a.m. - Arrive at work to be harrassed for not getting there early like I said I was going to. No big deal...I'll switch the hub tomorrow. Begin my project for the day...assigning network rights to several scan folders. Boring, tedious work. I informed our users yesterday that it was occuring and that I needed a list of users who would need access to their folders. Yeah, like that was going to happen...

12:00 p.m. - No lunch has arrived yet...continue working on project...

1:20 p.m. - Lunch finally arrives. A co-worker ran to Wendy's to get our lunch. It takes him nearly 2 hours. Hmmmm... I eat at my desk so I can continue to work.

2:30 p.m. - I have completed assigning rights. Let the calls begin. Several users from the outer offices call. I remind them of the e-mail I had sent and I am greeted with silence. Apparently, no one reads my e-mails. I feel important...

4:00 p.m. - Finally complete assigning rights. The calls have stopped...I feel like I wasted a day doing grunt work. I will spend the next hour reading Fark.com.

5:00 p.m. - Getting ready to leave and, of course, the phone rings. Reassign rights to one of the folders. Yeah, I love people paying attention.

5:20 p.m. - Run up by Circuit City to pick up an on-line order I had placed. It takes them 15 minutes to fill the order despite it having already been processed. Come on folks, this is why I placed the order online...to save time. I would have been better off buying it once I got to the story. I feel disgruntled...

6:00 p.m. - Arrive home...

7:30 p.m. - Run to Chevron to vacuum out the car. Pay $0.75 to the vacuum. It picks up nothing...no suction. This vacuum, both sucks and doesn't suck at the same time. That amuses me but doesn't make my car clean.

8:00 p.m. - Return home. Watch "King of the Hill" marathon. Try to think of ideas to write about on the blog.

9:09 p.m. - Give up on trying to come up with ideas. Write this crap...

No comments: