Friday, July 01, 2005

Not Gellin Like a Felon

Okay...I bought into the commercials. I thought, man, everyone's "gellin" so I need to be too. So, I went out and paid the 7 or 8 bucks to buy the things for my shoes. Seemed like a good idea...they seemed so awesome.

Anyway, bought em and the first thing I didn't like was the size. Man, you have to cut the things out of a pattern. That didn't go too well. My scissoring skills have diminished since kidergarten. My sole didn't look anything like a normal foot...all these jagged straight lines where there should have been curves. I knew this was going to be disasterous.

So, I cut them to my apparent shoe size and tried to put them in. Too big...they wouldn't fit in the shoes...so I had to do a little trimming. Finally, after what seemed to be hours of cutting these things, they finally slid into my shoes. It was now time to reap the reward for all my hard work.

I went to put on the shoes...man, my feet were going to be so happy. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. My socks wouldn't slide over the gel inserts. I couldn't get my shoes on without bunching up my socks...and that's not comfortable at all. Hmmmm...

So, I tried different socks...no avail. What's going on here? Well, I thought, I have to try these things out...so I'll go sockless with them to see if they were worth the purchase. Hmmm...feet still won't go in. Different problem though...the inserts made my shoes too tight. I couldn't wear these gel things...it would kill my feet. By now I was pretty disgruntled. The gel inserts were thrown in the trash and won't be spoken of again. Clearly, I am not gellin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, glad you tried these first....was going to get some for you know who since he stands so much! Come visit...Other Mom