Saturday, July 16, 2005

NOOOO...Not Charlie & A Chocolate Factory

Ladies and gentleman, children of all ages: Are you Ready? No, seriously, Are you ready? It's time for........

CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

A new movie brought to you by Warner Bros. Entertainment...and directed by Tim Burton. I can't wait to see this original movie...

Huh? What did you say? It's not new? What do you mean? You mean, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory was a movie before? You're kidding me! Impossible. Why would someone do that? It was made in 1971...hmmm...well, I guess not so new then.

Seriously, I'm not going to see this crap. I liked the original and I can't believe that Johnny Depp is actually going to make it better. I think it just goes to show that Hollywood is not coming up with any new ideas for movies. Everything is just a remake of the movie that was made before it...and it's getting a little old. And they wonder why people aren't going to the movies like they used to.

Oddjack Cultural Oddsmaker puts the over/under at number of times seeing the movie at 1. I'm taking the under for myself. If you see it, let me know what you think. I have my guesses...

No comments: