Monday, July 25, 2005

Summer Goals vs. Summer Reality (Pt. 1)

First of all, let me say: "Yes, I know this idea was recently on CH. And yes, I kinda stole their idea. So what? You try to come up with ideas to write 3 paragraphs about five times a week. Go ahead...yeah, that's what I thought. PUNK."

So, here is a list of things I had hoped to do/accomplish this summer and the reality of attempting these goals:

GOAL: Instead of watching television every night, I will read at least a chapter of a book every night.
REALITY: Made it almost two weeks doing this while I was reading The DaVinci Code. Starting Testament and, well, it got boring and The Family Guy is on Comedy Central every night at 11:00 p.m. So, that was the end of that.

GOAL: Do something every night...or at least every Friday and Saturday.
REALITY: Well, I think I made it like a week of doing something every evening. I don't mean like going out all hours of the night...just something...like go to the driving range with someone or whatever. Yeah, didn't work out too well. Spent more time in front of the computer writing this blog and eating Ritz crackers out of the box. Man, those things are addictive.

GOAL: Travel to some baseball games out of the area.
REALITY: Haven't gone to a single game this season yet. Figure I'll be up to see the Pirates soon but had intended to see the Nationals and Yankees. Watching them on TV doesn't count.

GOAL: Go whitewater rafting.
REALITY: Hey, it's gonna happen. August 7th. I'll let you know how it went later...

No comments: