Thursday, July 28, 2005

Already Today...

Yesterday, I received a phone call saying that we were going to be having a conference in our board room here at work. The board room isn't wired for network connectivity so we decided to setup a small wireless router to give access in that room. I was really busy yesterday, so I passed the assignment on to my neighbor co-worker. In addition to setting up the router, I asked him to get a projector and screen from Marketing to set up in the room as well. I think my first request for this was around 11:00 a.m.

So, anyway, around 1:00 p.m. I finally went and picked up the wireless router and dumped it on his desk since he hadn't bothered to pick it up yet. I reminded him again at 2:00 that it needed setup and he finally went down and did it...and said everything was working. Around 4:00 I reminded him, again, that we needed a projector and screen setup in the room.

The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. today. So, I get here around 8:20, told that everything worked. I told my boss, yeah, they said everything is working. Do you think everything worked? NOOOOOO...

The wireless wasn't working...we got a signal but no one could get connected to it. Do you think there was a projector and screen setup? NOOOOO. I had to track down and screen and projector to take down. Do you think anything was done? NOOOOOO. So, my boss should be back up shortly and I know he won't be happy. I'm not happy...and I'm going to make sure that my co-worker isn't happy either.

No comments: