Tuesday, July 05, 2005

'80s Nostalgia

It amazes me the amount of '80s nostalgia that has developed. Music, fashion and culture have come back around in a big way. Maybe it was the death of the great Ronald Reagan that started it. Maybe it was VH1 "I Love the '80s" shows. Regardless, '80s is big. And, today, I will take you to a site that is completed devoted to '80s t-shirts.

80s Tees.com is a great site if you're looking for some vintage 80s memorabilia. Though they'll make 80s-like shirts for more recent things, like Family Guy or Adult Swim, most of their shirts are from genuine 80s shows or bands or events. I was pretty amazed by some of them. Of course, my favorites are the video games from that era...like Super Mario Bros. or Legend of Zelda. The Atari and Nintendo shirts are just awesome.

Some of the cool 80s bands there include Quiet Riot, Guns N Roses and Motley Crue. There's a lot of bands on there too that cross several decades like The Who and Blue Oyster Cult. The television shows and cartoons are also represented, like Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Dukes of Hazzard.

I could go on and on about all the stuff there but better to check it for yourself. I've never bought anything from the site but I have thought about it...just not yet. But it does bring back a lot of memories...and, well, that's pretty gnarly. Cowabunga, Dude!

No comments: