Friday, July 29, 2005

Rough week folks...

Just an update on me personally I guess...it's been a rough week here. It started by having to go to Martinsburg on Sunday to do a complete office upgrade out there. We finally moved to the year 2000 by upgrading all the PCs out there to Windows XP. So, we reimaged all the machines on Sunday (2 co-workers and myself) and stayed until Monday to address all the issues. Monday rolled around with very few complaints so we left under the assumption that everything was cool out there. Well, I guess it wasn't.

Beginning Tuesday, the one IT guy left out there started calling me to report problems...a lot of problems. I'm not sure why no one checked their machines on Monday but it all blew up Tuesday. And I was not going back to Martinsburg. So, that's been a fight all week...even today I have received 15-20 calls from Martinsburg despite the fact we have an IT guy there and there's only 27 users. I will probably end up out there next week.

Here in cburg we've had struggles of our own (see yesterday's post). And, with the IT guy who is usually in Morgantown in Martinsburg, I've had a lot of calls from MoTown. It's no fun to talk to irritated users on the phone. My boss went up to try to fix their problems yesterday and he was back there again today.

But, that's been my week...lots of work problems...beyond that, nothing exciting to report. Luckily, I go off call today so I don't have to worry about work this weekend...and I'm not going to. So, let the weekend begin...I'm counting down the minutes.

No comments: