Monday, July 18, 2005

The Dukes of Hazzard

I'll be the first to admit that, in their prime, I watched them Duke boys run from Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coltrane in the General Lee. And, I spent many a day watching that car get airborn...and then quickly cut to a commercial while still mid-air while the voice of Waylan Jennings built the drama, only to see them return and land safely...every single time. Frankly, I was a Dukes of Hazzard fan. Of course, I was only 8 then...so, I'm not sure I would be if it was on today.

Which, takes me to the new Dukes of Hazzard movie, which furthers my theory that Hollywood is out of movie ideas. Now, admittedly, I have no idea what's in the movie...but I do have a guess. With Sean Scott, Johnny Knoxville and Jessica Simpson, I'm guessing it's going to be a lot of trash. And, to further that opinion, the original Cooter just came forward and voiced his concerns about the movie.

“Basically, they trashed our show,” said Ben Jones, who played Cooter. “It’s one thing to do whatever movie they want to do, but to take a classic family show and do that is like taking ‘I Love Lucy’ and making her a crackhead or something.”

Hmmmm...well, I'm not sure about that Lucy comment but I can tell you this: If Cooter doesn't like the show, I don't either. So, I am hereby making it known that I will not see the new Dukes of Hazzard out of protest. Cooter and I shall stand proud and against this kind of smut.

No comments: