Friday, January 12, 2007

The Verizon Stoner

So, we're having problems with one of the trunk lines at work which is handled by Verizon. It's a recurring issue that we've been working on for about a week. Long, boring story really. Verizon, of course, says there's nothing wrong...we beg to differ.

Anyway, receive a voicemail last night from a Verizon representative...at first, I thought it was just a hangup because it takes a good 7-10 seconds before anyone begins speaking. Then, here is the message...

Hi, this is [NAME REDACTED] calling from, uhhhh, Verizon regarding Case No., hold on....
(Pause)
Case No. ********. I called your line and it is working.
(Pause)
[EMPLOYEE] was there and said your line was working.
(Pause)
(Pause)
If you're experiencing problems, I don't think it's our line. But I called the line and it seems to be working.
(Pause)
I am going to close this case. If you have any questions, please call me at 304 -- oh, hold on. I'm going to close this case.
(Pause)
You can reach me at 866-[# REDACTED]

Then the line goes dead for a good 30 seconds. Seriously...and then it starts back up:

I called the line and it appears to be working. So I'm going to close this case. I did just call the line and it is working.
(Pause)
But if you need me, you can call back at 866-[# REDACTED].
(Pause)
We are going to close this case now. Thank you.

The pauses were at least 3-5 seconds and the total message lasted nearly 2 minutes. So, this morning, we called Verizon about the trunk line that still isn't working. We mentioned the call from [NAME REDACTED] and the guy said, "Yeah, we've had complaints about her before." Ya think?

No comments: