Monday, January 22, 2007

Happiness = Patriots Losing

I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was to see the Patriots lose last night. The disdain I hold for Bill Belichick and Tom Brady cannot be overstated. But more so for Belichick who comes across as a complete jerk. And he's not a genius...he has surrounded himself with talent and good coaches yet he consistently refuses, or at least fails, to give them credit for their success. And then when someone like Eric Mangini moves out from under his shadow, he whines like a baby.

His treatment of the press is ridiculous. Granted, there are probably times he'd rather not speak to the media but that is part of a coaches' life now and he needs to get over himself. And I won't even get into the way he dresses on the sideline...but I've seen homeless dress better. I hope this signals the decline of the Patriots. They are no invincible...and that's what really matters.

As for the Colts, yeah, I'm glad Manning finally figured out how to beat New England. I think this could be the beginning of a good run for the Colts. They now know they can win big games closely and that should really help their confidence for the next few years. They need to continue to work on building the defense but they look to be in pretty good shape.

As for the other side, the Bears put a hurting on the Saints. I wanted the Bears to win but I wouldn't have minded the Saints winning...until Reggie Bush did his little show. After that, I wanted the Bears to win...and win big. And they did.

Bush is a huge talent...I will admit that. But there is no reason to act the way he did on the 88-yard touchdown strike. To taunt the Bears defense...are you insane? I wanted Urlacher to decapitate him after that. The Madden-like dive into the endzone broke Adrian Petersen's collarbone earlier this season. Did Bush not learn anything? Can you imagine if he had injured himself doing the dive? That would have been justice. And the dance...well, it was just horrendous and embarrassing. I don't see how the officials didn't throw a taunting or excessive celebration flag on the who debacle. It was really bad. And it probably fired up the Bears who turned it up and destroyed New Orleans.

And so we have the Super Bowl matchup -- Chicago Bears led by Sexy Rexy and Indianapolis Colts led by the Prodigal Son. And in case you haven't heard, it will be the first time an African-American coach will be in the Super Bowl...and it just happens to be two of them...which means it will most likely be the first time the Super Bowl champion has an African-American coach. So, in case you missed that, both coaches are African-American. It's cool but that story will be completely run into the ground over the next two weeks...it will be horrible.

As for a winner...I think it's time for the Colts. I hope Rexman doesn't lose it for the Bears...just a good battle that Manning and the Colts win. Should be a good game...especially if it's like all the other playoff games this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who won the damn prize mike?? ive got 100 large rollin on me lol.....