Monday, January 08, 2007

Thoughts on the BCS NC Game

  • Is there anything better than the Ohio State pregame? Script Ohio is just amazing.
  • Why is Barry Alvarez part of the announcing team? He's still AD at Wisconsin so I really don't get it. And where's Maurice Clarrett? Oh...nevermind.
  • Speed kills. Florida is just faster.
  • Tim Tebow is going to run the ball. Why has no one figured this out this year? COME ON!
  • All the Buckeye stickers completely ruin the otherwise classic Buckeye helmet. Get rid of those stickers...they're ugly.
  • Tressel made a huge mistake going for the 4th and 1 with 3:40 left in the 1st half.
  • I really think West Virginia could give Ohio State a run. Our offense would move the ball on them because of the different looks we give and the speed of White and Slaton and power of Schmitt. And, with Troy Smith playing this poorly, I think our defense could hold their own. The Big Ten is overrated...just ask Michigan.
  • Chris Leak is destined to throw an interception before this game is over. He has come close 3 or 4 times already.
  • The Florida kicker, who can't make a field goal to save his life this year, just hit from 42 and 40 yards to give Florida a 27-14 lead. How is that possible? He was 4 of 13 coming into the game.
  • Is Teddy Ginn done for the game? What a hit.
  • Well, Ohio State commits the first turnover of the game and, boy, is it a bad time for a turnover. Florida ball at the 5-yard line. Did I mention that I thought West Virginia could give Ohio State a run?
  • Troy Smith isn't playing like a Heisman Trophy winner. He looks really poor...bad passes and running around without protecting the ball. Bad, bad news.
  • Tebow tricked me and the Buckeyes by throwing a pass. 34-14 now. Florida wants this game. Ohio State is just lost. Jim Tressel had better come up with some serious changes at halftime because they have to kickoff to start the second half and the Buckeye defense has shown no ability to stop the Gators. Find some bail money for Clarrett and get him on the field NOW.

Halftime show...not watching. Here's my West Virginia halftime update for you: Many thought that LSU Offensive Coordinator Jimbo Fisher might follow Nick Saban to Alabama. But Bobby Bowden jumped up and said "Not so fast, my friend" and stole Jimbo from Nick and LSU. So, Florida State should be able to score next year thanks to Jimbo as O.C. and Rick Trickett as O-Line Coach. Bigger news for WVU is this - chances are that Jimbo was told he would be first in line to take over when Bowden hangs up the bifocals, which means that Rich Rodriguez won't be (it's been long rumored that Rod was waiting for the FSU job). So, take it for what it's worth...I think Jimbo will be the next head coach of the Seminoles. But, you never know I guess. And now, I'm waiting for halftime to end...

  • I must admit that I do not believe that Ohio State has the offensive firepower to overcome this deficit. So, before halftime is over, I am crowning the Florida Gators as the 2007 National Champions.
  • Family Guy is on TBS. I am really torn between watching a re-run of Family Guy and watching the national championship game. I don't know what to do.
  • Well, nice stop for Ohio State out of halftime. Big hit by Marcus Freeman to stop a receiver who looked like he might pick up a first down. Terrible punt and the Buckeyes could be in business.
  • A helmetless Everett just chased down Troy Smith and the Buckeyes blow great field position. Troy Smith is lost out there.
  • Well, the Buckeyes defense is coming up big so far this half. Can the Buckeyes offense do anything? They should have decent field position again.
  • Buckeye offense is completely inept and can't move the ball at all. It doesn't look like a comeback is going to happen. Time is already becoming a concern.
  • I'm about to call it a night...this game really is beginning to suck. I'll wait a few more plays before I turn off the computer and TV and hand the trophy to Urban Meyer...but we're getting close. Very close.
  • Well, 14:00 to play and Ohio State shows no signs of life. The defense is saving face but the offense has been bad. Ohio State has given Florida great field position all game long and has paid for it. The turnover and 4th down failure is 10 points.
  • I'm done...no more. Florida 41 - Ohio State 14. I am shocked. I thought the Gators could win...but not this convincingly. Did I mention that I thought WVU could beat Ohio State? Did I say Big Ten is overrated? Well, I did now. More tomorrow maybe...but I don't know what I can add. Congrats Gators...great game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GO GATORS!!!!