Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Elevator

The first thing I dread every morning upon arriving to work is the elevator ride. Upon leaving the parking garage, I am constantly on the lookout for fellow employees hoping that I can time an elevator that I won't have to ride with anyone I know. I am not a master of the early morning conversation and I can't stand the smalltalk. I would much rather ride the 9 floors by myself than discuss the weather with someone whom I barely have an acquaintanceship.

The typical morning conversation goes something like this:

THEM: Hey
ME: Hey, what's going on?
THEM: Oh, not much. Just another day here at work.
ME: Yeah
THEM: I'd rather be somewhere else.
ME: Yeah
THEM: Pretty cold out
ME: Yeah...it's winter but at least it's not snowing today...haha.
THEM: Yeah...I can't wait until spring.
ME: Yeah
THEM: Of course, I would like to see one blizzard this winter.
ME: Ummm...ok...well, you might get it...haha
THEM: Yeah
ME: Well, have a good day
THEM (enthusiastically): You too!

Exciting stuff...and that was my conversation this morning. It's the same everyday regardless of who is on the elevator. Wish I were somewhere else and it's cold out, hot out, nice out, "yucky" out, etc. AHHHH, the tedium...I despise the elevator. I think I'm going to request my own personal pod to deliver me to my office. I'm sure they'll go for that.

No comments: