Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rapidly Approaching

Man, we are really closing in quick on one of the most looked forward to events in the state. I have been waiting for this for nearly a year now...and I can't wait. No, not WVU/Marshall...I'm talking about the Italian Heritage Festival here in Clarksburg. It's the one time of year that the street outside my office are overrun with vendors and people from supposedly all over the country. I can watch out my window and see them crown Regina Maria...definitely a highlight of the year. I can listen to Italian music blare from noon to 5:00 p.m. when I finally get to escape.

Work comes to a complete stop because the music is so loud that you can't concentrate on anything...it's completely insane. I never get tired of hearing O Sole Mio. Seriously...I don't. Especially by people who cannot sing. Now, the food...the food is excellent. It's the only time of year I can walk down to the street and get a funnel cake. And, well, all the food is obviously good.

Ah yes, the Italian Heritage Festival. If anything could possibly upstage WVU/Marshall in the State of West Virginia, this is the one event. They're outside getting things prepared as I write...I just can't wait.

No comments: