Monday, August 07, 2006

Big East Predictions - No. 5

I'm pretty unmotivated at the moment...and I have a feeling my pick for #5 will be pretty unmotivated too. Injuries obliterated UConn last year and they've lost their quarterback and haven't quite been able to pick a starter yet. Coming off a poor 5-6 season, UConn will be looking to bounce back strong but I don't see that happening. Their offensive line should be better this year but there's no depth on the team. Injuries on offense would absolutely kill Connecticut.

Defensively, the Huskies have been pretty tough. They finished 7th overall in the nation last year in defense, 4th in pass defense. Seven starters will be returning and expectations will be high for the defense to win some games.

The out-of-conference schedule favors UConn, with games against URI, Wake Forest, Indiana, Navy and Army. I think they can win all 5 of those games...all are at home except Indiana. In conference, I think the Huskies will only win 2 games. They could give WVU a test in October. Overall, the Huskies will be 7-5; 2-5 in the Big East and will be bowling again. Anything less will be a huge disappointment.

No comments: