Friday, August 18, 2006

I'm Back

Well, I was out of town since Saturday, thus the lack of updates. But, I'm back now and I'm trying to catch up on news and work. I was down in the woods of southern West Virginia...and there was no Internet or cable...and I didn't have cell service. Completely cut off from the outside world for those few days...which was actually very nice. No worries. North Korea could have tested nuclear weapons and I would have been clueless. And, well, I didn't miss the technology at all.

Anyway, I'm back and I'm glad to see there has been a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon. Hopefully that will hold for a while. Gas prices and oil prices have cooled on the ceasefire and on promising news of high inventories. That's good for everyone.

The guy who is confessing to killing JoBenet Ramsey rings of a nut to me...I'm not convinced this will solve the entire affair.

North Korea may be preparing to test nuclear weapons for the first time. Not the first time we've heard they were preparing to test though. And Iran has promised to have a decision on their nuclear program by August 22nd. Should be interesting...I'm guessing both countries will continue to be extremely defiant.

And, that's about it...I'll get more when I actually get some sleep and have some energy.

No comments: