Sunday, December 04, 2005

Where to Begin...

Well, it's been busy at work...preparing for a trial that goes Monday so I haven't had a lot of time to update...but, it's been some busy sports time and I won't be able to get to it all...like Pittsburg losing to Cincinatti...I'll save that for tomorrow. I guess I'll start with WVU...

West Virginia sealed the deal against USF last weekend...getting their first 10 win season since 1993. It's a lot better going in with a win than it is a loss...that's for sure. Had WVU lost, we'd have heard how USF could have gone with a win over UConn for the next three weeks. I guarantee it. So, WVU is going to the Sugar Bowl to face Georgia and Shockley. I'm not sure yet...I think we have a shot against them. Georgia has a tough defense...there will be a lot more on that matchup as it approaches.

Texas will face USC in the Championship game. No surprise there. Did Texas really need to beat Colorado 70-3? Was that really necessary? I don't think it was. Ohio State vs. Notre Dame in the Fiesta. That should be one heck of a game...but, I really hate Notre Dame and I think it's unfortunate that Oregon kinda got screwed. Oregon was higher in the BCS standings but still got left out...not sure about that.

My favorite game though has to be Florida State vs. Penn State. Bobby Bowden, approximate age: 135; Joe Paterno, approximate age: 146. Nothing like those young, spry coaches. But, the real reason I like this is that Florida State is 8-4 coming into the game. 4 LOSSES! Can you imagine if the Big East sent a team to the BCS with FOUR LOSSES?!? But, instead of knocking the ACC for sending a team with 4 losses, the sports media is talking about how Bobby righted the ship. Please...they looked bad in the game against Virginia Tech. It's just that Virginia Tech looked worse. I think Vick had like 3 good games...unfortunately one of them was against WVU. He really is like Michael Vick...really bad.

Other sports...WVU barely beat the Bonnies...and then really beat up on some Div III school. Good job guys!!! Way to go!!! UNC almost pulled the upset on Illinois and then did beat Kentucky at Rupp Arena. Ah, life is sweeeettt. UNC is going to be awesome next year and the year after...I think they're still too young this year to make a serious run at an ACC title.

Last up today, the Fairmont Christmas parade. Oh, what a spectacle it was. I saw a couple decently decorated float-like things. They had lights...but, unfortunately, the parade was in the daylight. There were a lot of fire trucks and ambulances I guess. The sad thing about the parade was that I think there were more people who were in the parade than actually watched it. That's a weird thing. Also weird were the amount of vehicles that had no decoration or anything to do with Christmas...just cars or trucks throwing a candy. I mean, put some garlan on that mirror or something...seriously.

2 comments:

FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

Hi there Mike, nice blog here! I am looking for Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets blogs, but yours stood out to me despite really having nothing to do with Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets stuff. Seems like a lot of people enjoy your this post blog and I will bookmark you! Thanks...

FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

Hi there Mike, nice blog here! I am looking for Fantasy Football Player Rankings blogs, but yours stood out to me despite really having nothing to do with Fantasy Football Player Rankings stuff. Seems like a lot of people enjoy your this post blog and I will bookmark you! Thanks...