Thursday, December 08, 2005

Shoot to Kill

The big news seems to be that this airline air marshall shot a passenger who stated he had a bomb and turned to run from the air marshall. The marshall, in a split second decision, shot and killed the passenger. And, of course, the passenger did not actually have a bomb. So, this morning there's a lot of second-guessing going on about whether the marshall should have shot this guy. There's no question in my mind...yes, shoot the guy. Why take a chance? What kind of idiot says they have a bomb on an airplane these days...and, what if he was telling the truth. That moment of deciding what to do could make the difference between him detonating the device and being stopped. If I were on the plane, I would be very grateful to that air marshall for doing his job.

Bush's poll numbers are beginning to rebound. Reason number one...good economy. The economy is definitely heading in a positive direction. And, secondly, the Dems keep shooting themselves in the foot with their plan, no-plan, indecisive stance on Iraq.

Dave Stern is cracking down on the one-inch short roll in the NBA. I guess players shorts are supposed to be one inch above the knee and he's fining the teams if players don't meet those standards. Not that anyone cares...I mean, Iverson wears his so low that I can't believe he doesn't trip over them. Of course the players' union is whining over the rule just like they did over the dress code...does anyone even care anymore though? The only reason I watch any NBA basketball is to watch the Lakers lose...that's the only thing I like.

Lastly, the trial next door has become somewhat self-sufficient so I haven't had to spend 17 hours a day at work. Hopefully it wraps up tomorrow and I don't have to work this weekend. And, even if it doesn't wrap up, I don't plan to work this weekend...so, if somethings happening, drop me a line.

Oh, and we may get like a foot of snow or something depending on who you talk to...if we get 7+ inches of snow, I'm staying home tomorrow and that's that.

4 comments:

FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

Dear Mike --- Nice blog! I was looking for Fantasy Football Mock Draft related info, but stopped for a minute when I found you blog! It is great! I am book-marking it and will come back! I haven't seem a blog quite like this post! Anyway great blog, but no Fantasy Football Mock Draft info here I I am out! THanks...

FantasyFootballHelpers.com said...

Hi Mike - I was out searching for Fantasy Football Rankings related sites and stumbled across your blog. this post is not exactly what I was looking for, but I still stayed and sniffed around a bit! Nice site! I am off to find Fantasy Football Rankings related stuff, but I will stop by again soon! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike - I was out searching for Fantasy Football related sites and stumbled across your blog. this post is not exactly what I was looking for, but I still stayed and sniffed around a bit! Nice site! I am off to find Fantasy Football related stuff, but I will stop by again soon! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike - got lost looking for Fantasy Football Player Rankings info but found your great blog! this post is not exactly Fantasy Football Player Rankings related, but I still gave it a good look and will come back.. Thanks.