Monday, December 19, 2005

Well, It's Monday Again...

There were a few good football games this weekend. The Steelers won and look like they might get into the playoffs if they don't blow it down the stretch here...I'm not ready to put them in but they looked like contenders against the Vikings. They looked pretty good finally...not Super Bowl good, but playoff good. The Colts are no longer undefeated. Big deal...they're still my favorite for the Super Bowl. I wish the Colts would go undefeated so we wouldn't have to deal with the '72 Dolphins anymore. They actually had a press conference after the game...the '72 Dolphins had a press conference. Don Shula spoke at a press conference after the Colts lost along with some players. Man, talk about egos. I don't care that they went undefeated. I don't care they drink a bottle of champagne when the last team loses every season. Why is this a news story? Give me a break.

I tell you a team that looked nasty...Sunday night when the Bears dismantled the Falcons. Now, granted, Michael Vick isn't a very good quarterback at all, but the Bears defense is sick. They were everywhere. And some of thos hits...man, I now have my second favorite team this year and they are in Chicago. I definitely wouldn't want to see them on my schedule. If Grossman learns to play offense, Chicago is going to be a force in the NFC.

I can't even watch college basketball anymore because of Dick Vitale. I mean, he is so annoying that I can't even stand watching ESPN basketball because I'm afraid he'll appear at some point. I used to like to watch Maryland or, god-forbid, Duke...but, I can't because Vitale has ruined college basketball. I would rather listen to Lee Corso, John Madden and Beano Cooke sharing a booth over listening to Vitale. He is horrible. This guy did a good job summarizing my feelings about Dick Vitale...

I gave up on Christmas shopping on Saturday. I went up to South Hills and bought NOTHING. Yes, nothing. I walked around for like 2 hours and saw not one thing that I wanted to buy anyone. So, that's it. Christmas is cancelled. I am now celebrating Festivus. In case you don't know, here are the essentials of a Festivus celebration:
  • The Festivus Pole. Just a bare aluminum pole with a high strength-to-weight ratio. They're very low maintenance.
  • The Festivus Dinner. The Festivus dinner menu is flexible, but it should be filling non-holiday comfort food. (No duck or turkey or holiday meals).
  • The Airing of Grievances: At the Festivus dinner, each participant tells friends and family all of the instances where they disappointed him or her that year.
  • The Feats of Strength: The head of the family tests his or her strength against one participant of the head's choosing. Festivus is not considered over until the head of the family has been pinned to the ground. A participant is allowed to decline to attempt to pin the head of the family only if they have something better to do instead.

So, Happy Festivus!

No comments: