Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Countdown Continues...

The countdown to what you might ask...well, several things. Christmas, 2006, the Nokia Sugar Bowl, etc., etc. So, whatever you want it to be a countdown towards, let it be that. But, Christmas is what I was talking about. As far as shopping goes, I am making one last attempt tomorrow...and that's it. So, if you're expecting and wanting a gift from me, you better let me know because this is it...and I mean it this time.

We had our Christmas luncheon at the office last Friday. So, this Friday we are having our Festivus luncheon complete with the metal pole. I'll try to get some pictures. I've been advertising it throughout the office and have gotten some mixed reactions. Some people love the idea...some think it is some anti-Christmas holiday. It's not...it's about fun. Some people are too serious too often...but, they're not invited to Festivus because Festivus is about joy and the airing of grievances and feats of strength. Additionally, Yes Festivus, No Bagels.

Poor Green Bay...I mean, I almost felt sorry for them. They are very bad. When you lose 48-3 to a team with no offense, you're very very bad. And, as much as I hate to say it, it's time for Brett Favre to leave. He's done a lot...he's a Hall of Famer...but, he's never going to see another winning season. And, it might not be his fault...the team is horrible and it's going to take a few years to rebuild and he's not going to make it that long. On the positive side, Green Bay's record is bad enough to put them in a position where they could still get Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart.

And, tonight begins the college football bowl season. The New Orleans Bowl, live from not New Orleans (Lafeyette, LA), will feature Southern Miss and Arkansas State...*yawn*. Like I said previously, I have Southern Miss winning easily. So, feel free to take a nap if you don't want to be bored to death.

That's all for now...and, I think Bobby Pruett retired. And, just at the right time because, last I checked, Marshall dropped their football program. Isn't that right? What? No? They're still playing? Really? Hmmmm, I thought that was the girl's volleyball team...my mistake.

No comments: