Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ah, Stupidity

Today, I will provide a response to a question I receive far too often: Why don't you ever call me?

There is a reason...I do not like calling people. The thought of picking up the phone and just calling someone out of the blue feels me with anxiousness and dread. It's the same with those who tell me just to stop over by the house. I just can't do it...I don't know why. It literally takes me like 20 minutes to build up the nerve to dial a number on my phone and call someone if I don't have a specific purpose for the call. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind talking on the phone if someone calls me...I just have an issue with calling someone else. No idea why...but, that's just the truth of it. So, please don't feel slighted because I don't call you despite your calls to me...that's just the way I am...sorry. But, like I said, feel free to call me if you want...that doesn't bother me.

This has bothered me for a little while and I guess I'll finally write something about it: The very last story on the back page of my Monday Times-West Virginian always contains the "Yours Confidential" by Jewel Kats and David Silverberg. A couple Ann Landers wanna-bes I guess. I mean, I'm going to make fun of them and I'm not even going to mention their pictures. They dispense the stupidest advice I've ever heard in my life. Unhappy? Get happy! Boyfriend cheating on you? Dump him! Wow...what advice! I want to see the credentials of these therapists...I'm guessing they don't have any. I mean, if these two clowns can advise people on how to live their lives, I guess I can too. So, feel free to e-mail me your difficult problems...I will solve them, confidentially of course. But, unlike these two morons, I will make fun of you. It drives me crazy...

I think that's about it for this morning. Oh, the bowl games yesterday were very entertaining. I wonder what would have happened had Michigan scored on that last play? That was crazy. Anyway, that's about it for today...talk to ya later. Oh, and have your people call my people...

No comments: