Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Rare Saturday Update...

First up: Happy 21st Birthday to my buddy Andrew. Seems like he should have turned 21 awhile back...but, hey, I guess it's just now happening. Unfortunately for him, Kentucky doesn't have any offense and fell to Indiana this evening. I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get past that though...

Duke looks awfully good. They completely anhilated an overmatched Texas team. J.J. Redick, as much as I despise him, played like a man on a mission. Unstoppable. Duke will lose this season...but I just don't know to who. If they play all their games like they played Texas though, they could go undefeated...and it really pains me to say that. Dick Vitale is very excited somewhere. I'll close with a Go UNC!

WVU improved to 6-3 with a win over the Duquesne. No real need to comment on that. Scottie Pippen's number was retired by Chicago last night. I never liked Scottie and I still don't like Scottie. Tonight they will be giving the Heisman Trophy to Reggie Bush...Vince Young will whine about it. Matt Leinart will be calling Jessica Simpson...

Richard Pryor passed away today. I can't believe the guy was still alive...he was one of those celebrities that you were sured died about 10 years ago but then you would see him somewhere and be like, whoa, I thought he was dead. Well....I guess you won't be saying that anymore. Very cutting edge comedian who was huge in the late '70s, early '80s.

Last Up: Christmas shopping. I really made a concerted effort today to get started. What did I get? Rock salt to melt the ice outside my house. Two gift cards for birthdays. A book at Barnes & Noble because the author was there signing and no one talked to her and I felt bad for her so I started a conversation and bought her book out of guilt. And I returned a pair of pants I bought like a month ago. What a productive shopping day...

No comments: