Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Poor Rutgers...

My first thought is...where is Rutgers defense? I mean, the show that Arizona State put on was unbelievable. A lot of yards between the two teams...a lot of points. And, Rutgers fell 45-40. Not a good start for the Big East this bowl season. With that loss, South Florida's tough matchup against NC State, QB-less Louisville against the overrated Marcus Vick and WVU against Georgia...well, it is possible that the Big East could go 0-4 in bowls this year. I hope that's not the case but it's possible...and, if that occurs, let the beatings begin because the Big East will be called BCS pretenders all over again...it won't be pretty.

The television coverage for the game was not good. If I had to hear about how entertaining the Pac-10 was one more time, I think I was going to be ill. The bias against the Big East is obvious...and, if you don't believe it, watch this game. Nothing good was ever mentioned about the Big East or the other teams in the Big East...but, Musberger and his counterpart continually mentioned the Pac-10 and how good the teams from the Pac-10 were and how entertaining they are. Of course, why should the coverage be any different from the rest of ESPN?

Anyway, my bowl predictions aren't doing well and that's all that matters. I don't have a whole lot else to talk about right this minute...so, I'm going to go now.

No comments: