Friday, June 09, 2006

Soccer's Master Plan

Keep hearing that the U.S. Soccer team can't advance beyond match play? Keep hearing that they are in a group known as the "Group of Death?" Ever feel like you're being setup?

Let's face it, U.S. Soccer is playing sports fans. They want it both ways...if they lose and don't advance, well, they were in the toughest group. And, if they do advance, they've pulled off a small miracle and they hope that will be enough to ignite American interests in the sport. I'm not sure that will really work...

As for me...yeah, I will kinda pay attention to what happens but I don't think I'll actually watch a soccer match. I just don't think I can bring myself to that...if I really get into a lull with nothing to do, I purchased the second season of the Simpsons...that is far more likely to get airplay than soccer.

Anyway, last night went down to Buckhannon to see The Cadets from DCI practice. It was actually really good...didn't want to go necessarily but glad I did. They were very impressive. I may try to catch a show this year...I haven't been to one in like 7 years or something of that nature.

And, I think that's about it for this morning. Guess I'll do some work...

No comments: