Monday, June 12, 2006

I Caved on Soccer...

I have always considered soccer and hockey about on the same level...completely uninteresting to me. With that said, I will admit that in 2002, I did watch a little of the World Cup. I didn't watch any of the Stanley Cup. But, this year, I have watched far more World Cup already than I would want to admit. And, despite my best efforts not to cave, I'm keeping track of what is going on. It started with Sweden/Trinidad and Tobago. The anguish of the Swedish fans kept it interesting.

And then, Iran/Mexico yesterday was just great. And the US plays today...and I would watch but unfortunately I'm at work. But, World Cup is interesting. There are a lot of things I don't like about the rules but, overall, it has been better to watch than hockey.

With that said, I'm a little worried about the NBA playoffs. So far, the playoffs have been very entertaining...some of the best I've seen in several years. But, the Heat are in real danger of being swept. Dallas has dominated the series and Shaq looks worn out. If this series only goes 4 games it will be a major disappointment. I figured another 7-game classic. With the games going to Miami though, there's a chance for the Heat to grab a game or two...

And, lastly, US Open this weekend...can't wait. Tiger vs. Phil...should be some great golf. More on that later...I'm going back to work.

No comments: