Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Couple Football Tidbits

Since football season is only a couple months away, it's probably time to start talking about it again...so, here's some harmless information...

August 20th is "Fan Day" giving West Virginia fans an opportunity to get autographs and photos with their favorite WVU coaches and players. Yeah...I don't know about you but that doesn't excite me too much. Standing in line for an autograph...yeah, that's my idea of a day that's been fulfilled. I think I'll skip out on Fan Day.

And, in bigger news, WVU extended Rich Rod's contract through 2012. Rodriguez’s new contract will pay him $1 million with annual increases each year. This includes a $150,000 base salary and $850,000 in guaranteed promotional income (Mountaineer Athletic Club appearances, radio, television, Internet and endorsements). There are also built in bonuses for graduation rates, team grade-point averages, bowl appearances, Big East championships and season ticket sales.

Will this be enough to keep him if he has another really successful season? I don't know...better hope he has more loyalty to the Mountain State than most would have. Should be interesting. I'll break down the season and all later...but, for now, just news.

No comments: