Thursday, June 29, 2006

NBA Draft...

Well, Gansey and Pittsnogle went undrafted. And WVU's draft day drought continues. I didn't manage to stay up through the entire draft but when I went to sleep, Gansey was #1 on Bilas' top draft picks remaining. I had no doubt he would go somewhere in the second round...how wrong I was.

If given the choice, I would definitely have drafted Gansey over some of the European players that were taken. He is so a scrappy player...he can give you a good 5-10 minutes off the bench in a game where he will come in and play tough defense and maybe produce some offense. He will fight for the ball and he's not afraid to get knocked around. He can drive to the basket and he has a decent outside shot. And he's proven that he can make big shots in the clutch. I really think someone dropped the ball by not selecting him...he could be a great utility player.

Pittsnogle...well, he probably would have been better off leaving last year for the draft. I don't know that he would have been drafted then either but another year of college showed that he is softer than originally guessed and that he will not develop an inside game. His baby hook isn't going to cut it in the NBA. A 6'11" guy shouldn't spend all of his time on the perimeter. Additionally, his defense is non-existent. I wasn't overly surprised to see him undrafted really. He might make a decent Euro player...but I don't see him ever making an NBA team...sorry.

Lastly, the ESPN coverage of the draft was HORRIBLE. Stephen A., Stuart Scott, Dick Vitale...it was really bad. Luckily, Berman was somewhere trying to pickup some ladies in a bar. The only thing that made it remotely interesting was David Stern laughing every time he came to the podium. He even realized how absurd ESPN's coverage was. Stuart Scott's interviews with the picks was just painful. ESPN continues its slide into hated land...

Oh, and the movie they kept advertising, "My Super Ex-Girlfriend," looks really, really stupid and bad. I mean, if those are the funny parts, I would hate to see the rest of it. Even the acting was bad...and I only saw the best clips. Wow...horrible.

Anyway, that was the NBA draft. I don't care enough to go into any more detail...

No comments: