Friday, December 15, 2006

Week in Closing

First, this article struck me as odd when I read it on CBSSportsline.com on Wednesday: Parents discuss offense with Hogs AD. I mean, I'm sure parents discuss these types of things with assistant coaches and whatnot all the time...but going to the AD? Something didn't add up. Thankfully, our good friend Pat Forde at ESPN.com cleared things up for me: Melodrama stirred by the straw of teenage celebrity. Sounds like a first-class program that Nutt is running down there.

I've ignored it pretty much but I can't any longer. The folks over at Deadspin have been fighting with the Barbaro Message Board. In case you don't know, Barbaro is the horse that broke its leg during the Preakness. Unlike most horses, though, Barbaro wasn't put down...instead, he has been nursed back to health, suffering a few setbacks, in a touching story that has gripped the nation.

The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine created a message board for Barbaro well-wishers to post messages to the, uhhh, horse. The people at Deadspin pointed out that Barbaro is a horse and, most likely, can't read. And probably doesn't care. And the Deadspin commenters spammed the Barbaro message board causing a great clash. It continues today. If you would like to read some of the great comments on the Barbaro message board, head on over there. It's a place for, ummmm...special people.

The Big Finish:

And, I think that about covers it for now...have a good one. And get well Barbaro, wherever you may be.

No comments: