Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Music

With Christmas rapidly approaching, one thing you can count on is being bombarded with Christmas music on every channel. I don't know about you but I get tired of hearing the same old tunes every year over and over. It's nice for a day or something but it eventually grates on my nerves. I mean, I like Christmas music and all but it gets old. With that said, there are always a few exceptions that I actually look forward to hearing and can't wait to get out every year...and here they are:
  • Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas. That's just great music...classic. It's one of those CDs I could really listen to all year long...it's just that good.
  • Mannheim Steamroller - Christmas 1984. Steamroller has come out with 5 or 6 Christmas CDs but the original is still the best. Nothing says Christmas more than hearing Steamroller's "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" blaring at an NFL game during the Christmas season.
  • Glenn Miller - In The Christmas Mood. Hey, how can you go wrong with the Big Band King cooking on Christmas music? Just a great CD.
  • Jimmy Buffett - Christmas Island. Just a fun CD. Christmas in the Keys...sounds like fun to me.
  • Manhattan Transfer - The Christmas Album. Another great jazz Christmas album...just really fun to listen to.

There's a lot of good Christmas music...and a lot of bad out there too (Hippopotomus, anyone?) but some CDs are just fun to pull out for Christmas. Listening to Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas isn't all the much fun though.

No comments: