Thursday, December 28, 2006

UCLA Lays Egg / Cowboys Falling Apart

I must admit that I was really disappointed by UCLA last night as they laid an egg last night in the Emerald Bowl against Florida State. I had looked forward to FSU having a real losing season for the first time since '76 but it wasn't to be. I'm still not sure about the officiating in the game. The Conference USA officials missed some calls...not that it really made a difference in the game. But, I'd still like to see what Greg Carr did to get open in the 4th quarter when the defender was laying on the turf. And did anyone else think Jeff Bowden was crying after that touchdown pass?

Why is anyone surprised the Cowboys are falling apart at the seams? I believe Terrell Owens plays for the Cowboys and the Cowboys have lost a couple games...so, obviously there are going to be some issues. How has no one hauled off and completely knocked T.O. out? The restraint some players show is remarkable. He spends 3 hours with his opponents the day before a crucial game, drops passes during the game, complains about not being involved following the game while wearing a Santa hat. How is this possible?

I think Terrance Newman finally stating some frustration with T.O. is just the tip of the iceberg. The man basically said that if he doesn't get thrown to early in a game, he is out of the game. What kind of message is that? There is no way I could handle him...I would have choked him out long ago. He has to be bipolar. He has serious issues. I don't know if the Cowboys will beat Detroit but I would guess they will be out of the playoffs in the first round and then T.O. will no longer be a Cowboy. Or Bill Parcells will no longer be a Cowboy.

Last, how is Shawne Merriman an All-Star? Merriman was suspended by the NFL for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs. He missed 4 games this season because of that suspension. Now, I'm not saying Merriman hasn't had a good year despite the suspension. But, I would think the NFL would not want to honor someone who tested positive for using drugs. What message does that send? I don't think the NFL cares...they would prefer people not to get caught. That's the message I'm getting. It's really disappointing. I just don't think it's right.

No comments: