Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Death Watch Update

The unsubstantiated "reports" continue to fly in. Here's one of my favorites:

"Ivan Maisel was just on the radio and said that RR is a done deal via a radio telephone interview? I'm hearing that Maisel got this from 3 different sources at Bama AND 3 different sources from WV. He apparently said that the only reason he is coming out and saying this is that he trusts his sources completely. Ivan felt it would break tonight with an announcement on Thursday. He mentioned a figure of around 2.3 mill for 7 years. I may be off by a few grand. He also said the ESPN coverage of the Bama search had been very poor...all WV coaches were called back to town last night, Thurs. Christmas party cancelled, RR flying back from NY to address coaches."

That means almost nothing to me. Anyway, I'm pretty annoyed with Coach Rod and with WVU on this whole thing. Either 1) RR is screwing WVU through this by saying he wasn't leaving and 3-4 days later leaving or 2) WVU isn't coming through on promises they made to RR. Some are reporting that RR is unhappy with the renovations being done because they aren't happening quick enough or as promised...I have no idea. Most important right now is that West Virginia basketball plays NC State tonight in Charleston. That's what I'm waiting for. As for the RR stuff, it's a bunch of people making stuff up...if I hear anything "true," I'll pass it along.

Anyway, congratulations to all the Mountaineers who received Big East honors:

Offensive Player of the Year: Patrick White

First Team All-Big East:
Jeremy Sheffey
Dan Mozes
Patrick White
Steve Slaton
Keilein Dykes
Eric Wicks (unanimous selection)

Second Team All-Big East:
Darius Reynaud
Ryan Stanchek
Vaughn Rivers

Not too shabby.

No comments: