Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Well, it appears to be the day before Christmas but I don't know how much Christmas spirit is out there. With temperatures hanging relatively high and no snow anywhere in sight, I can't say it is looking a lot like Christmas. But the calendar says that it is so and I have no reason to dispute that.


I watched both National Lampoon's Vacation and Christmas Vacation last night and laughed heartily through both. The original Vacation remains the best in the series but Christmas vacation is funny. After watching it again, I'm amazed by how much Julia Louis-Dryfess steals the show despite her brief appearances as one of the neighbors. Very funny. Electrocuted cat - hilarious. The Christmas lights - classic. Good stuff.


I'm ashamed to admit this one but I watched a couple hours of Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency yesterday too. Who greenlighted this thing? Man, it was like a train wreck...I just couldn't look away. I am seriously contemplating a lawsuit against Dickinson for lost time.


I also went to play football yesterday but for a very, very short period of time. I slipped in the mood and I think I may have pulled something. It's a little muddy out there...and I believe I may be coming down with a sickness. Scratchy throat, congested head, all the good signs of a Christmas illness.


But I digress. It's Christmas Eve and I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I'm sure I'll talk to some of you today and some I will see between now and New Years...and some of you I may not converse with until sometime in the New Year...but, regardless, I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.


No comments: