Thursday, December 07, 2006

Bryant Gumbel = Worse Announcer Ever

The Steelers/Browns game, which was on the NFL Network which Time-Warner does not carry but somehow KDKA was able to work out something to show the game in Pittsburgh, was on last night. (Talk about your run-on sentences). Anyway, the announcing tandem of Gumbel and Chris Collinsworth has to be the worst in the world. I even like Collinsworth but Gumbel is just horrendous. I mean just horribly bad. He sounds completely disinterested in the game and his voice just drove me crazy. I think he may possibly be the worst play-by-play guy ever. Seriously...ever.

The Steelers won. Wow...they beat the Browns. The Browns might be as bad as Gumbel. Regardless, Pittsburgh is now 6-7 and still out of the playoff hunt. I heard Roethlisberger telling reporters after the game that the Steelers are now 1-0. 1-0? No, you're 6-7. 1-0 I would be happy with. 6-7, not so much. But, hey, at least you can still talk.

As for the death watch, it continues today. He's gone, he's not gone...I'm not sure how much I care at the moment. I just want it to end. ESPN reported he was gone...he talks to someone at the Charleston Gazette last night and says no deal has been made. Come on! Someone's making stuff up or lying or, at the very least, being very disingenuous. Let's end it already...I have recruiting to do if they're going to name me the next head coach. I need to get on the road today if we're going to have a competitive team over my tenure. Let's go!

No comments: