Tuesday, October 25, 2005

To All My Friends on I-79

To All My Friends on I-79 This Morning:

Thank you for being on the interstate this morning with me. It gave me great joy to see you all out braving the Blizzard of '05 and going to work.

To my lady friend in the gold mini-van - Thank you for going 35 MPH and nearly causing me to hit you. I know I was blazing along at an exorbitant 55 MPH until I came across you and had to slam on my brakes nearly causing everyone behind me to plow into me. If it hadn't been for you, I probably would have continued traveling at my 55 MPH and who knows what kind of damage that would have done.

And to you, the green Toyota truck driver - Thank you for pulling onto the shoulder of the Interstate for no particular reason and continuing to drive at the same speed you were going on the Interstate. Watching you confused me enough to nearly have me swerve into the passing line in the way of that semi truck that was barrelling down upon me. That woke me up. Thanks.

And to you, the semi truck driver that passed me on three occassions - Thank you for flying down the hills and nearly coming to a stop going up the next. It was fun to pass you and then watch you pass me. I especially like how the sludge from your wheels would fly up on my car every time you passed me. That was fun. And, that one time you couldn't get over to pass me because someone was beside you, I really appreciated you getting as close to my bumper as you could. I should have sped up but I was already going 70 MPH and the roads were slick. But I should apologize because I should have just pulled over like the green Toyota truck driver and let you go. My heart has been heavy all day over holding you up for nearly 10 seconds.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who was on I-79 in the Blizzard of '05. Without you, my drive into work would have probably been boring. If only there were more morons who can't drive in the snow that came out today, we could have all met in a giant wreck somewhere. Oh well, maybe next time.

Oh, and make sure you read my take on the Blizzard of '05 below. I'm proud of it.

No comments: