Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Don't Buy Those Tickets Yet...

I wouldn't be putting the bids up for those BCS tickets yet. Now, granted, I would much rather be in Atlanta or Miami or Phoenix rather than in Fairmont without power...but, if you're going there in hopes of seeing the Mountaineers play, well, I wouldn't count on it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see WVU in a BCS bowl but it's hardly a lock. I've heard a lot of people talking about who we'll play in the Sugar Bowl or discussing whether or not they want to travel to Miami over New Year's. Folks, there's no guarantee that WVU is in the driver's seat to go to the BCS yet. West Virginia has 4 games remaining and could, if they play poorly, lose 3 of them. UConn is still a decent team but they've been on a slide as of late. But Pitt has become hot all of the sudden and, scary as it may be, is still in the hunt for the Big East title with one loss in the conference. It would make Pitt's year to spoil the Mountaineers title run. And everyone knows what USF did to Louisville. Short of some type of implosion, they should be able to handle Cincy.

Remember, this is a team that people predicted to win the Big East last year and looked on their way there until a weak finish. Don't get mad at me because I'm not saying that will happen again...but I wouldn't be purchasing those tickets to see the Sugar Bowl yet...because it may be back to Charlotte for the Mountaineers.

No comments: