Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Power Returns

The nightmare is over...the electricity has returned. Couldn't come soon enough, that's for sure. I was going to write this big long article about how my week without electricity wasn't a big deal and draw a parallel between this week of uncertainty and the daily life of Iraqis and why we are fighting for them a better future...but, I figure you can figure that out for yourselves.

Went to the Fairmont Sr./Bridgeport game last night...thought West might dominate after they took a quick 14-0 lead but Bridgeport eventually ran all over them and blew 'em out. Now East and West are both 5-4 and I'm not sure if either of them will make it to the playoffs...waiting to see what the SSAC rankings are this week...they'll be out Tuesday. Most 6-4 teams make it because there are only 36 AAA teams in the state and 16 teams make the playoffs but neither East nor West have quality win points. Should be interesting. Full football wrapup coming Monday...maybe.

Anyway, gonna take a nap now...have a Halloween soiree to attend this evening. I will be going as the evil self I am.

No comments: