Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's Not Wal-Mart's Fault

I'm in Charleston tomorrow so I have to post this a little earlier than usual --

First, in case you didn't know -- and I might be wrong -- but here's the way I understand it. Sam's Club in Fairmont is closing and the Wal-Mart in Fairmont is moving to where Sam's is and is becoming a Super Wal-Mart. They are going to open Sam's Clubs in Morgantown and in Clarksburg following the closing in Fairmont. They are also building a new Wal-Mart in Morgantown. Like I said, this information may or may not be accurate...just what I heard.

Anyway, with all these changes coming, be prepared to hear a lot of Wal-Mart bashing. There's going to be a lot of talk about "that's the only place to shop" and "it runs people out of business" and the such. And those same people who complain are going to be the same people standing in line at Wal-Mart when it opens. I will not be one of those people complaining...

When people say it's the only place to shop, they're wrong. There's lots of places to shop...if you need paper, go to Adam's Office Supply or Office Max. If you need clothes, go to the mall. If you need tools, go to Sears. If you need toilet paper or a cantalope, go to the grocery store. Last time I checked, all those places are still in business. But, why do you go to Wal-Mart? Because it's convenient. Well, that's not Wal-Mart's fault. That's your fault.

I don't go to Wal-Mart often...I'd rather not fight the crowd. I go to Circuit City and Office Max...to the mall, even to Target to avoid Wal-Mart. Not because I don't like Wal-Mart but because I don't like the crowd. So don't act like there's no choice. Additionally, Wal-Mart provides a service...they provide goods at a cheap price, they provide jobs (more jobs than any other employer in West Virginia) and they provide a place to shop for a lot of areas that wouldn't have anything otherwise (Logan, anyone?).

If you don't like Wal-Mart, don't go there...it's that simple. Wal-Mart is a business...they are going to try to get your business. If you don't like them, take your business elsewhere. Otherwise, shut up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...
How did you get your blog to be so good? Originally I was out trying to locate rashguards related information, but your post ' this post ' got my attention and stopped me in my tracks :) Glad I found you because I'm trying to improve my site about rashguards and your blog here gave me some excellent ideas. Thanks Mike for the good read and I think I'll mention your blog to my cousin (if that's okay...)

Keep up your effort ~ and good job.

Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Mike, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a toddler rash guards site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on toddler rash guards stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Mike, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~

Anonymous said...

Okay Mike, I don't know if you can help me, but I think maybe you will understand. I see all this crazy blog spam everywhere (I see some here) and I'm wondering if you know how we can stop it. I just have a site about rash guard, and I can't even go find information on rash guard without having to filter through all the junk. My blog gets totally bombarded with this rediculously spam. I hope you're not as frustrated as my self. Anyway, good luck with your blog, and let me know if you have any ideas...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Mike,
Just to give you a heads up, you're probably going to get some more comments from my family on this post: this post. I found you when I was out looking for rashguards product info, and even though this doesn't relate to rashguards, I still had to stop and tell you that you're doing a great job. You're about to get some visits from my brother and sister. I told them about your blog so I hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Well, is there something a little weird going on here? I don't know about you Mike, but my blog gets pretty cluttered with spammy comments from people. My advice to you as one blog owner to another, is to be patient and focus on the great things about having a blog, instead of all the junk that goes on. You do have a quality blog and appears that you enjoy it. My favorite web project so far is a rash guard site, because I have total control and it makes me a couple dollars here and there. It's pretty hard to find new information on rash guard stuff though. Hey, keep up your excellent job Mike, and good luck with your projects..

See ya ~