Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story

Well, we are now entering Day Three of the Blizzard of '05 and I still don't have electricity. Apparently Allegheny Power didn't hear my pleas...or, they did and chose to ignore them. I was even willing to take the day off and work for them...a full day for no pay. No response. But, at least I'm not bitter over missing the longest game of the World Series ever and watching the White Sox win the Series for the first time since 1917. Nope, not upset about that at all.

Anyway, today I will give you a movie review...Family Guy's Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. This straight-to-DVD movie promised to be an excellent purchase. Family Guy is consistently one of the funniest shows on television. The dark humor may not appeal to all but I enjoy it.
I won't give away the plot or anything but I thought the first half of the movie was very good. It was pretty much like the television show with a lot of one-liner jokes that may take a moment or two to sink in. Towards the end of the first half, before Intermission, we finally find what the entire movie revolves around...and of course, it is Stewie as advertised.

But, from that point, the movie kinda turned downhill for me. The jokes weren't that funny and I really didn't enjoy it. It almost seemed like they ran out of material...the plot wasn't that good to begin with and the story just kinda spiraled out of control. By the end, I was just wanting it to be over...and that's not a good thing. The 3-minute post-movie party was actually better than the entire 20-30 minute second half.

Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story is worth the watch...but probably not worth the $19.99 I think I paid for it. I've tried to watch it about 6 times now...only twice have I seen it all the way through...every other time I have fallen asleep before the Intermission...probably trying to put myself out of the misery of watching it all. But, that's just my take...maybe I'm missing the greatness of it all...but I doubt it.

No comments: