Monday, October 17, 2005

More Sports from the Weekend

DON'T MISS THE WVU WRAPUP BELOW!
I said there were a lot of things to cover...the last post just started it...here's more:

East Fairmont won on Friday to improve to 5-3. This is a team that let University beat them in the 4th quarter 34-33 and lost of North Marion, at team they are clearly better than. Had either of those games gone the other way, EFHS would be looking at securing a playoff spot for the first time since 1976. Instead, they need to beat Buckhannon-Upshur and West Side to get into the playoffs...but, I will tell you now, I have faith. I think it might actually happen...and I'm predicting now that EFHS will upset BU this weekend.

  • Aren't you glad you're not a Vikings fan? Mike Tice will be gone soon...and some of the players may find themselves in the slammer for soliciting...what a franchise! It's a good thing they got rid of that trouble-maker Randy Moss.
  • The Cardinals are imploding in the NL Championship Series. LaRussa got tossed and might be cracking under the pressure. The Astros look pretty collected.
  • I found myself cheering for the Wahoos...Virginia beat Florida State. I enjoyed it. Looks like Bowden has an ego problem with one of this receivers. A wide receiver with an attitude problem...unheard of.
  • USC will lose to Cal or UCLA. They have to...I can't put up with much more of the Trojans.
  • Notre Dame lost but didn't move in the polls. They have lost 2 games now and remain in the top 10. What a joke.
  • The Texans are horrendous.
  • Can someone please put Temple out of this misery? I don't know how that team can even take the field. I know, they don't want to disappoint their 7 fans but give me a break.
  • I'm guessing they are going to give out 17 Heisman's this year...all going to USC. The 17th will go to the 3rd string waterboy.

Ok...that's all for now...I'm sure there's more but I really have to do some work.

No comments: