Monday, October 31, 2005

Somebody's Got a Case of the Mondays...

Ah, Monday...what a wonderful day. Just makes me want to be sick. But, anyway, went 3-2 with the football predictions but, if the Steelers win tonight, I'll be 4-2 and that ain't bad. Somehow, Marshall was able to defeat Tulane. That wasn't supposed to happen. And Gary White's head didn't explode and they beat Elkins. Who would have guessed that? Not me apparently.

Best games of the weekend, Giants pounding the Redskins in honor of their deceased owner and whoever beating the Eagles. It doesn't matter who beat them as long as someone beat them and beat them good.

The worst though had to be the Sunday night game as the Bills visited Tedy Bruschi. Apparently, the other Patriots didn't matter a bit...it was Bruschi night on ESPN. Granted, the guy came back from a stroke...he apparently had clearance to do it and it is remarkable. I will admit all that. But, come on people...let's not go crazy here. ESPN literally missed plays...big plays...because they were interviewing Bruschi's wife. I mean, they treated this like it was the Second Coming. It was absolutely ridiculous. I couldn't even watch the game because every time I turned it on, they had the zoom on Bruschi.

Of course, it doesn't help that I despise the Patriots anyway. But, I think it was over done by ten fold. He is a leader of the Patriots...okay. But, there are a lot of people that make a team and for ESPN to devote 3 hours on one guy and completely overshadow a good game because of him was absolutely insane. But, I don't expect any different from ESPN anymore. New England, USC, Notre Dame, ACC, they go crazy.

Lastly, if anyone wonders why the Big East is made fun of so much, they should have watched the Cincinatti/Syracuse game. It was sloppy and ugly. I was embarassed for the league. Granted, those are two of our lesser teams but they're still representing the Big East and it definitely was apalling.

No comments: