Monday, September 19, 2005

Sports Weekend Wrapup

Steelers look pretty darn good. Defense has now given up 14 points in two games. That's not bad at all. And the "world champion" Patriots are up next. I don't like the Patriots. I've heard that this is just another game and it shouldn't be overhyped. Maybe that's right but wouldn't it be nice to win against New England and put them off to a 1-2 start. Maybe make them start to doubt about their invincility a little. And, who knows, it may determine home-field advantage later in the year (not that the Steelers have been able to do anything with home field).

Other tidbits:
  • Why has McNabb and Owens made up? I was ready to start liking Donovan but that's it. A friend of Terrell is an enemy of mine. I hope the Eagles implode.
  • The Yankees and Red Sox are going to have quite the battle in the last 3 games of the season. The loser of the AL East is very likely to miss the playoffs completely. Man, it would just make me so happy to see the Red Sox sitting in Boston in October. Couldn't happen to a nicer team...
  • West Virginia secondary really, really scares me. Louisville will tear them apart if they don't improve. I refuse to talk about the Virginia Tech QB anymore...what's his name? You know...
  • Jason Gore won a PGA tour event...that's pretty cool. He won the Pete Dye Classic here in good ol' Clarksburg not long ago. But he'll always be remembered for his US Open meltdown.
  • Do you think the Vikins miss Randy Moss? I'm guessing they would gladly trade Mike Tice to the Raiders to get him back.
  • I missed this last week but aren't you glad that you're not that Marshall QB who threw the interception against K-State?
  • Notre Dame lost. I can only hope it continues.
  • USC beat Arkansas 70-17. I'm impressed. How about you? Well, how about they beat Hawaii 63-17. Are you impressed now? Well, you should be...I mean, that shows a lot of class. I have nothing but respect for Pete Carroll.
  • Barry Bonds hit his 705th home run. And he's getting a free pass on the fact that he admitted taking steroids. Why? Because anytime someone says something derrogatory about him, he says "I'm a black man". Big deal...he's a cheater and should be subject to the same ridicule that Giambi had to go through.

That's all for today...

No comments: