Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Musical Recommendation

A couple weeks ago I was going through my vast collection of CDs that I have purchased over the years and stashed away only to rediscover and be completely impressed with my musical tastes. In the course of that search, I ran across a "best of" album for one of the greatest musical ensembles ever: Chicago. If you don't know the music of Chicago, you don't know what you're missing. I can't believe I put the CD away a couple years back and didn't get it back out immediately.

Chicago was the first rock group to feature a horn section as a lead instrument. They produced hit after hit after hit throughout the '70s and '80s and maybe some of the most well-known music of all time. You know the songs: "Make Me Smile", "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?", "Saturday in the Park". Maybe you prefer "25 or 6 to 4" or "Just You 'n' Me". Even their '80s stuff, when the horns played a more minor role, was awesome...songs like "Hard Habit to Break" or "Along Comes a Woman". They're all great.

It's just a phenomenal collection...I had some of the MP3s on the computer but I'm glad I found the CD. I've been listening to it in the car continuously for 2 weeks and I'm still happy to hear every song when it comes on. I can't say that about most music but Chicago is just a great band. So, if you don't know the music of Chicago, I highly recommend you take the time to listen to it. You won't regret it.

No comments: