Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Almost a Week...

Since I last updated...I don't really have a whole lot to talk about. Went to Wheeling on Sunday for work and came back on Monday. That's really exciting. I've watched a lot of the John Roberts confirmation hearing. He seems like a very articulate man who is going to follow the rule of law. It amazes me the Senators who are trying to trip him up...he's playing them like a fiddle. I'm guessing his IQ surpasses all the Senators, Democrat and Republican, on the Judicial Committee combined.

Secondly, I finally saw Kanye West saying George Bush doesn't like black people today. I just happened to run across the video on Ebaums World. I heard that he said it but I didn't actually see the video. It's hilarious. Here's a guy who can barely read a paragraph off the tele-prompter telling the world that George Bush doesn't care about black people. Mike Myers looked like he was going to be ill.

It disgusts me the number of people who want to blame this hurricane on Bush. What was he supposed to do? Stand at the edge of the Gulf of Mexico and be like "I am the President of the United States and I command this storm go to Mexico." I don't think that would work. It's slowly coming out that the governor of LA and the mayor of N.O. are the ones who failed. And, FEMA did a better job than people think. You can't just send down thousands of helpers to New Orleans...think of the logistics. Now, instead of just trying to feed the people trapped in N.O., you have to feed all these helpers. Are you going to put them in danger? What good does that do? I think the situation was handled well...and, as it is becoming obvious, there's not going to be 10,000 dead people. There might be 1,000.

It's tragic, of course, but it's not even going to hit the top-10 in natural disasters in the history of the country. Monetarily, however, it will be the most expensive. But, it's a hurricane...they destory things. It's unfortunate but a reality.

Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest. I'll try to get back to regular updates again tomorrow...

No comments: