Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Let's get back to what's important....

Me. So, I took my car into Jerry's Auto on Friday for a typical oil change. No big deal. Well, I was heading home from work on Friday and heading up the big hill between Kingmont and Pleasant Valley, I looked out my rearview mirror to see a large cloud of smoke emitting from my vehicle. Naturally, I was immediately on the phone with Dan @ Jerry's to find out what happened. Apparently, according to the mechanic, he may have spilled a little oil. I'll be keeping an eye on that because I am very paranoid about my car deciding to stop running...it would definitely ruin my week. I may have to find someone new to change my oil...

Watched college football most of the weekend...that's very important. Came into the office a little bit on Monday and they went out to the lake for some good ol' family time. Finally hooked up wireless access at the house...that only took FOREVER to get done. It took like 15 minutes once I got started...just wasn't high priority apparently.

We had a meeting yesterday in the IT group at work to get a feel for what everyone is working on. Basically, we discussed projects that we were working on and accomplishments over the past month. Went around the room and everyone had a few things...I rattled off 10 or 11 completed or present projects. Then my neighbor here at the office said one thing. ONE THING...he has been working on ONE THING. A simple client database...takes like a day maybe...and this is what he's been working on for like 3 weeks. ONE THING...I was just dumbfounded. The team leader tried to bail him out but it didn't work. And, we even knocked holes in the one thing he was working on. Boy, do I feel like a sucker...I've been doing all this crap and I could have gotten away with doing ONE THING.

Oh, and lastly, I have been watching Rome week on the History Channel. If you don't know Roman history, learn it...it's amazing. From Caesar to Augustus, Tiberius and Caligula...it's all amazing. If you think things are messed up today, you haven't seen anything.

No comments: